Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Valentine's Day

I had fun making valentines special for the kiddos this year. For about a week before valentines, I would leave a special note and small gift on their door. They were always excited for it, but at the same time I felt like I was more excited than they were. The gifts were nothing extravagant...swirly straws, play doh, cars, crayons, etc.
I will admit it was a lot of work getting it all ready each night and I was glad when Vday finally arrived and I was done. It wasn't until a couple weeks later and now even over a month later that I realize what an impact it had on them. Both boys have asked if it will be next valentines before they get something on their door again and Noah has mentioned how much he liked the notes several times. I am mulling over ideas for mailboxes that they can check and I can put a note in at random. Back to Vday, we went to chick fil a and had a great time and I got this gem picture!

No comments: