Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Responsibility:Time

Responsibility...my word to live by in 2013. Read more here and here. While I continue trying to eliminate all excuses from life, I have really been challenged lately to guard my time as if it were my heart. I was especially reminded of this just this week when I engaged in an argument on a friend's link with a person I have never met about a topic that I'm not willing to change my mind on and he was obviously not willing to change his. Ok, it was only 5 minutes and I was smart enough to virtually walk away, but that is 5 minutes that I will never get back for something pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of life!

I was going to use a picture of the quote: "Time flies, but the good news is you are the pilot." I do absolutely love this. We do have control over what we exhaust our time doing. I can spend an hour at the gym or an hour watching tv.(Granted, that time watching tv is spend with my hubby so while not a complete waste of time, an hour at the gym will give more lasting results.) More than that example of time, my strongest conviction is the time I waste on things that have proven time and again to never change. I need to spend my time with eternity in mind...preparing for Sunday School, my own 3 children and impacting their hearts for eternity, encouraging the body of Christ(card, meal, etc). I am given 24 hours in a day and while some things (like sleep and food and showering) that have no impact for eternity need to be accomplished anyway, I must look at the time remaining and use it for eternal impact.

I decided to use this one because you know as you get older it really does start to feel like the years get shorter. The reality is that each day our lives get one day shorter. Now I don't know how many days I have left to use my time for God, but I do know that it's one less than yesterday!
Realizing that time is so valuable and precious and also limited has struck me to the core on a few areas that I've been wasting time. No more! I will use my time for God! I will not waste it on fleshly things, but rather impact souls for eternity!

No comments: