Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Sweet Snippets

Staying home full time(as in never going to work or really anywhere by myself) has been so much fun for the past 2 months. I am really going to miss it when I find a new job. I have had moments where I feel like they are going to make me lose my mind, for sure, but the sweetness of the moments I don't have to miss sure makes up for it. Really the only time I wish I were working is when I have to pay bills... :/

I know how quickly this time of little people passes. I mean in just a few short months I will have an 8 year old(can't even believe I've been a mom that long) and my "baby" will turn 3! I am sad, truly sad when I have that realization that I will never hold a sweet newborn(of my own, anyway) and feel them snuggle into your chest. There truly is something about a baby. I'm so proud of my 3 and so thankful that their hearts are shaping to God and His ways. I do still miss them being little babies though. 

This post is to help me remember when these stages are past just how precious these times are. 


Benjamin:
If I had taken my phone or camera upstairs with me last night, I would have the cutest pictures of that kid and his many expressions, but as much as I love a picture--they aren't everything. Sometimes you have to live in the moment, drink in the sweetness, and just soak up the cuteness for yourself not from behind a camera lens! We have started discussing Valentine's day because we are going to be doing some crafts and things for V-day. I had explained that Valentine's day was about loving on the ones we love. Instantly, his mannerisms changed, his ears perked and his eyes twinkled. Benjamin has dimples that are only visible with a certain squinty eyed twinkling smile and those dimples popped right out as he said, "I love Emma." I can't help but smile when her name comes up. He's so nonchalant usually, but at the mention of "Emma" from anyone's mouth and the kid turns to mush. I'm not kidding it's sweet...and scary! He swoons over green sour apples and Emma. Sigh...anyway, I obliged and said, "Oh yeah, what do you want to give Emma for Valentine's Day?" Without hesitation, "A card that says 'I love you from Benjamin'". Well, he certainly is not wishy washy...THAT is for certain! :)


Grace:
Grace has been singing all the time lately. It's really super sweet! I have to get it on video soon! She just makes up her own songs, but they always have Jesus in them! ♥ 
Here are a couple examples of the words we hear:
♫Jesus wuv you a-wa-wa

Ooo aaa ooo aaa, Jesus, ooo aaa ooo aaa♫

I kept Gracie up after the boys went to bed the other night because she doesn't get much one on one time to spend with mommy. We played with her doll house. Her pretend play skills are impressive and she is serious! Even her therapist says she is amazing to watch play pretend. :) So we were getting set up to play and she couldn't find the mommy doll. So she was looking all around for it and suddenly says "I found mommy!" Then she couldn't find the potty, I wish I had a video of it, she was bent over in her footie jammies, bulky diapered tush in the air looking under the radiator(heater) saying, "Po-o-opppy?   Po-o-opppy?    Po-o-opppy? Whewe awe you, poppy?" Soooo sooo cute! Once we did find the potty, everybody had to use the potty! She is so obsessed with the potty! I think we are getting very close to having ZERO in diapers! I think the biggest hold back for her has been the ability to communicate effectively and admittedly, as exciting as it will be not to have to buy diapers there is something distinctively sad about 'no more diapers'. It's the last hold on "baby-dom" that we have left! :(


Noah:


As I was putting Noah to bed a few days before my birthday, I was telling him how I just didn't care for birthdays anymore. Stunned, he asked why. I explained to him a little about how when I was little like him, birthdays were always a big deal just like they are to him and now they just aren't so much special. He said something about gifts and I told him he could save his money, that didn't need to buy me a gift. He said, "well, I could probably make you something." Ugh! Talk about choking back a flood! He will not likely ever know the impact those sweet, straight from the heart words spoke to his old(compared to him) mama! Those words made me realize so many things! I am so thankful for the gentle teachings God sends through these beautiful blessings He has entrusted to me.

 

No comments: