Thursday, February 02, 2012

To Gatlinburg we go...



Joel and I enjoyed Gatlinburg so much for our honeymoon that we went back for our first anniversary! Well, almost 9 years past our first visit, we return with 3 kids to celebrate my 32nd birthday! We enjoyed a leisurely trip down that did not go as fast as we made it back 8 & 9 years ago sans kids! ;-D We got in kinda late to cook at the cabin as planned so we picked up Calhoun's pulled pork(SUPER YUMMY!) and headed to our cabin. We had booked it a few weeks ago and the boys were super excited to stay in a cabin and that it had some game tables. We got in the door and noticed it smelled of cigarette smoke. We couldn't remember if we had double checked to be sure it was a non smoking unit and the kids were tired and we were all hungry and tired of being in the van. We settled in, the smoke smell was AWFUL! I am super sensitive to smoke smell, but we figured we would wait until morning to deal with it since we had no wifi to check the details. We noticed several small issues with the cabin as well throughout the evening and this morning when the shower started leaking from upstairs to the downstairs living area, we decided this was not what we had paid for and called the rental company. They handled it amazingly and gave us a choice of several cabins. So here we sit in a nice cabin with a fire crackling and no cigarette smoke smell! I can't even describe how good it feels! We explored Gatlinburg downtown today, came back to the cabin for a wonderful dinner(deer steak w/ mushrooms and onions, potatoes(sweet for me), and asparagus) made by my amazing husband! We also picked up some yummy shrimp from Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. It has been a wonderful birthday this year! I have so many things to be thankful for even when I don't feel like it! Here are my top 4:

Driving with his eyes closed in the rain...I have no better picture, he was complaining about the flash or something!
 

Sweet girly...she said "OUT!" about half the trip! 
Tired little monkey with his banana..I think he would eat a lb of bananas a day if I let him!
With his super pizza blast(or something like that)goldfish!

No comments: