Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Races 4&5

I am so behind on blogging that the next several posts will be out of order, but at least they will be here, right!

I ran the Swaziland 5k & the Mum Festival 5k in September. The Swaziland 5k started all wrong...my favorite running pants weren't clean, I woke up with an upset tummy(I ate really yummy(bad for you)food late the night before), I got to the race and realized I hadn't grabbed the right wad of cash--I had $2 not $20! I didn't have enough time to go home and get it or even go to the bank. They let me run and send the money in the mail! I pulled my Sony  out only to realize the battery was DEAD! (side note: I can't complain, it ran for about 11 miles past when I thought it would die). Well, inspite of ALL that, I ran well and managed to finish only 3 seconds behind my personal best! If only I had my music...or my favorite running pants...or hadn't eaten a bunch of junk...live and LEARN!

The Mum Run was another story. While I didn't feel as prepared since I had missed a few runs that week, I still had a goal: sub 29 minutes! I was very unsure of whether I was going to accomplish that, but I set my music up so that I would know when to kick in the high gear! However, when I got there my friend, Ruthie, was there and she ran with me the whole way. I know she could have finished much earlier without me, but she wouldn't leave me behind! Thanks to her pacing me, I shaved more than 1 minute off my previous record! 28:36! Not just because she helped me accomplish the goal I had set, but I am thankful to have a friend like Ruthie in my life!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

1 comment:

The Schramm's said...

Look how happy you are in that pic! You should be really proud of yourself, regardless of your time! Good for you for working hard and getting in all these races!