Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Please don't eat my skirt!

Benjamin has never been good with his colors. As a matter of fact, for the longest time, he would just wildly yell, "COLOR!" anytime we asked, "what color is this?" We switched to giving him choices for a while. It helped. He is getting them and sometimes I really wonder what he knows because he gets odd ball colors right ALL the time and red, blue and green wrong a LOT still. Oh well, I am in no way worried, we still have a solid 3 years before school starts to teach him his colors! Well, this morning I took the opportunity to teach him his colors while I folded some laundry. I would give him two choices and he was getting a lot right. I also find it funny that he assumes all pink clothing is "sister's". It's also fun that he knows his own clothes from Noah's clothes. He is really very observant! We came to my skirt and I didn't even give him a choice yet. I held it up and said, "what color is this?" He didn't hesitate for a second, "CHOCOWATE!" I couldn't argue with that one, my brown skirt is the exact color of chocolate! I laughed and hugged him and praised him relentlessly! Seriously, he is the cutest little 2 year old boy and I just love spending my early mornings with him!!


No comments: