Thursday, June 09, 2011

Happy Birthday!

I am quite behind on blogging...I think I have good reason, but I'm gonna try to catch up so don't hate me if you see April pics sprinkled in here and there. First things first...since Joel's birthday is the 1st of June, I think it fitting that his birthday post be the first June post! ;) so here goes...

I just have to say what an incredible man I am married to...I'm not sure we have ever fully tested the "in sickness" part of our vows until May...May was a terrible month, we weren't sad to see it go by any means! I found out early in the month that I had gallstones and to get to the point of the post, I'll spare the details. I had a procedure to get some stones out of the bile duct, which caused pancreatitis(not fun at all...worst pain of my life!). Finally, I had my gb out the end of the month(and feel great now). Through all of this my husband picked up the slack with the kids, forced me to go to the ER when I needed to, cracked jokes with me in the laugh or cry moments(I hate crying), held me when I couldn't laugh anymore, made me take pain meds even when I didn't want to, prayed with me, and remained strong when I couldn't. I always knew I married the best guy in the world, but he proved it above and beyond in ways I could never imagine. Almost 8 1/2 years ago, if you had told me I'd love him more than I did then, I would have told you that you were crazy, but now I can without a doubt say, I love him so much more than when I said "I do". You know what I love about him...the things that make me the craziest are also the things that I love the most...he is unpredictable(sometimes that is REALLY frustrating) and yet that unpredictableness is what possesses him to bring me flowers "just because" which I LOVE so much more than "holiday" flowers! What can I say...he is AMAZING!

As a father, I am also awed by how blessed my kids are to have such a loving father! It's obvious that they adore him...Noah shows it by saying things like, "when I grow up, I'm going to stay home with my kids and make my wife go to work" Part of me thinks I should be offended by that, but I'll just choose to know that he thinks that because his daddy is so wonderful! Benjamin cries for Daddy every time he leaves without him...lucky for him, his daddy is a big ol' sucker and if mommy calls him, he will come back and get him and take him with him to "'ards"(Menard's)! Gracie, well, it's just obvious by the way she looks at her Daddy that she adores him...the way she cocks her head to one side and smiles coyly...oh, her Daddy hung the moon in her eyes!!

Most of all, I am thankful that my husband is such a Godly example...I have always heard that how we as humans view our earthly father is how we view our Heavenly Father. It makes me happy to know that my children have a loving, caring, gentle, and even fun view of our God.

Enjoy the pics of my handsomely hot hubby! ;)










I hope that in spite of my inability to make this birthday memorable for my sweet husband, that he knows how much I love him, how much I adore him, how much I look forward to celebrating many many MANY more birthdays with you!! I love you and adore you, Joel Everett Seekins!!

2 comments:

amy said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful!

The Vachas said...

Great post. It was fun to look at Joel hanging the boys upside down followed by that sweet gentle picture with Grace.