Thursday, March 10, 2011

8 years.3 babies.1 love.


Joel and I have a "code"...we have had it forever...I'm sure we aren't the only ones that use it...but I love it! 8 letters, 3 words, 1 meaning! Figure it out! :)

I remember when we were first married I couldn't wait to celebrate 5 years just so we would have some experience under our belts! Oh, how young and naive I was! Now at 8 years, I look back and realize how much we have learned and grown, but also looking forward I realize we still have so much growth to go! I look forward to it...but now I understand more fully than ever to just enjoy the now...the calm, the chaos, the dirty, the happy...the moment...treasure the moment! I received some great advice before my wedding day to plan the wedding, finish the details, have the rehearsal, then enjoy the day. They said not to let any little detail of flowers, food, clothes, etc to detract from what that day is really about...marrying the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with!! I remember actually being able to focus on what was taking place instead of everything being just a blur of details!
Over the past 8 years, God has been good to us, blessing us many times over! I know that I can speak for both of us when I say that God's plans are definitely best! Whether it be waiting on His timing or being placed into His timing, adjusting to His plan is not always easy. However, when you submit yourself to adjusting to His plan without putting limitations on Him, you'll find yourself more content! I know we definitely have! We are looking forward to many more years of marriage and many more adventures in this wonderful crazy life together!
Joel Everett, I love you so much more today than ever before! You are the most amazing man, the most wonderful husband, and the most fantabulous father!!

No comments: