Saturday, February 07, 2009

All about a Noah!

This post is going to be long! Looking back I haven't blogged a lot ABOUT the boys, just pictures of the boys(which is better than nothing!) Anyway, this post is dedicated to my firstborn son, Noah!

Noah will be 4 years old in just over a month! Wow! I cannot believe that! Even more than that, looking back at the blog, I can't believe the difference a year has made in him! Not so much in looks, but in linguistics! The other day I watched the video of him saying his verses and then listened to him say them to me now. WOW! His words were spoken so much clearer and with more understanding. Then there was the video of him announcing his baby brother(which he said was a sister!) He seemed so grown up at the time and now looking back, he seems so little and even a bit babyish! I am trying to learn that no matter how "big" he seems now, one day this too will seem little. It helps me enjoy him for what he really is!

Noah is a typical oldest child, which is odd for Joel and I because we are both technically the baby of the family! He is sweet when he is bossy, which makes us not realize that we are letting him be the boss! He says things like, "Let's do it this way" or "I have an idea...how about we...", now he is also telling us what he wants his animals/trains/cars/etc to say when we play. I have explained to him that it's more fun if you let everyone participate! He does know that he is not the boss as evidenced by this conversation:
Noah: Mommy, who is the boss?
Mommy: Who do you think the boss is?
Noah: I don't know.
Mommy: Do you think you are the boss?
Noah: NOOO!
Mommy: What about Benjamin?
Noah: No...
Mommy: How about Daddy?
Noah: YES! YES! Daddy AND Mommy are the bosses!(Good answer, pal!)



Noah is constantly being silly to make his brother laugh(which doesn't take much if your name is Noah!)
Noah does not like for Benjamin to cry, so he will do anything to help him or he will hide if Benjamin cries! He is very loving and tells Benjamin, "It's okay, I'm here!" "Don't cry, your mommy will feed you." He is very caring even though he is pure boy and can be very rough! I love to watch him with his brother, it just melts my heart to see how much they love each other!


This picture makes him look chubby...I think it is the hair because he doesn't have an ounce of chub on him anymore, ok, well maybe still in his cheeks! He is growing taller lately and changing in his appearance. Each day I think he looks more and more like a big boy! And he is a big boy! He makes his own bed and is SOOO proud! He scrubs himself in the bath and always wants to brush his own teeth(thank goodness for electric toothbrushes!) He is even learning to be a gentleman and open doors(though many doors are too heavy for him!) He tries and that is what counts!


I absolutely love this picture! He was being such a goofball! And speaking of goofballs...here are some goofy converstions or lovingly known as Noah-isms!
At the superbowl party at church, Noah's friend, Joshua, got in to a plate of dessert from the food table. Noah came and got me with a look of sheer terror on his face and said, "Mommy, you have to come see!" I went to see what the problem was and found Joshua with his face, hands, and a toy in the plate of dessert! I threw away the dessert and took the toy to wash it. Noah followed me into the kitchen and said in a VERY serious voice, "Mommy! I was so frightened, I nearly hid!" I promise those were his exact words! I couldn't keep from laughing, but I didn't let Noah see because he truly was frightened!!!

The other night we were singing songs and as I began in on "If you're happy and you know it" Noah said, " NO! NO! STOP!" He went on, "not that song. These are your options!" And he proceeded to name which songs I could choose from! What a goof!

Noah has lots of "friends"! The imaginary type! Just a couple of the funny times with those: Driving down the road, we will randomly hear, "STOP! WAIT! My friends train is crossing!" Yeah, we have railroad tracks by our house!
And sometimes when he is really tired, he will totally melt down and say that we left his friends somewhere! We are working on that one! But we did have to send his friends out to his cousins for a while about a month or two ago. It definitely helped to reduce the amount of time spent with these "friends" They are back now, but not so overbearing!


I also love this picture! I think it shows my biggest boy's personality very well! Happy, Silly, Goofy!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Blakemore Family said...

Awe, Noah, you're such a cutie!

Charley & Jessica said...

Happy late birthday!!

and I love this post.. what a BIG BOY he's getting to be! my goodness! :)

love jess

The Vachas said...

I can't believe he is going to be 4. I remember how little he was when Landon was born. Where does the time go? Our babies grow up too fast.