Thursday, May 01, 2008

Funny Phrases

So just a few funnies I have been wanting to share that Noah has said/done.

This one is from a couple weeks ago...he was brushing his teeth before bed and when he finished, he looked up at me and said, "I want you to beat me!" Okay, now even I was a bit taken aback here as I truly have NEVER beat my child!!! Stunned, I processed and said the profound words, "What did you say?" Again, a little agitated this time, he says, "I want you to beat me!" This time I got it as his right foot was set to racing position and the words poured back to me...each night is an endless discussion that the sun goes down and we have to sleep so that the sun can come back tomorrow, blah blah blah. In other words, Noah does NOT like to go to bed. So to make even this fun, I race him from the bathroom to his bed and what do I always say to get him to run to his bed..."I'm gonna beat you!" Ahhh, it all makes sense now! So off we raced to bed!

Noah has been talking to the baby lately since he notices that my belly is truly getting larger. Well, he isn't fond of the idea that the baby doesn't talk back so I usually have to "make the baby talk, Mommy". Well tonight was particularly interesting conversation.

Noah: Hi BABY!
Baby: Hi there, big brother!(the baby is quite skilled in linguistics!)
Noah: I think you're a boy.
Baby: But what if I am a sister?
Noah: Then I will say hi to my sister.

Noah was supposed to be napping the other day and I heard coming from his room..."I got a belly ache cause I ate the bunny..." He has been listening to CD's a lot lately!

He gives us such great laughs! 3 is great! Look forward to it!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

That's pretty funny! Noah, you are becoming such a big boy! We can't wait to see you again!

On a similar note, Michael looked at me the other day and said "Oh WHEEEEEEEEEEEERRRE is my hairbrush?" :-)