Friday, February 22, 2008

Bad Hair Day


So, the day started out like any other, Noah was just a little stinkery today...a little rambucitous and loud for a day that Daddy sleeps, but otherwise alright. He had lunch with Grandma and Grandpa, took a nap like a good boy...then came the naughty streak. I was on the phone, sitting on the couch, Noah had climbed up on the arm of the couch...I told him to get down and he did, what I didn't see was that he had gotten the scissors off the shelf. I went on talking and was leaning forward because he was behind me on the couch and then in an instant, I heard it...the sound of scissors cutting through hair. I jerked around and grabbed the back of my head, pulling clump after clump(it seemed like a LOT at the time). I simply(and VERY sternly told Noah to go to his room and stay there. After getting off the phone, and pulling what seemed like another HUGE clump of hair from the back of my head, I grabbed the wad of hair and went downstairs to Joel and said, "Your son is waiting for you in his room!" Okay, I will interject here that for anyone who missed it prior--I am PREGNANT(read Emotional)!!! I did not trust myself to be fair in the situation, so I passed it along! Well, it isn't as bad as it seemed (or looks, from the picture). I suspect ponytails will be a bit of a problem, but otherwise it will go unnoticed! So I guess this is the world of a 3 year old...when asked why he did it...he said "cuzzy I wanted you to have pink hair" (we saw a girl with VERY short pink hair on tv the other day and he told me he wanted my hair like that). He did feel really bad for making mommy sad, so we are hoping he learned the lesson! BTW, as a side note, interestingly enough his favorite books are currently Curious George!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Cynetta,
That really is a LOT of hair!!!! I suppose it's no worse than what I did to you when you were two! lol

The Vachas said...

Oh my goodness, I think I might have been a little unable to handle that situation myself. Maybe it isn't such a bad thing that I haven't taught Landon to use scissors yet

The Schramm's said...

I'm bored, and I'm at work, and you need to update your blog!! :)