Wednesday, November 14, 2007

To Whom it May Interest...

So this is going to just be a conglomeration of thoughts from me, so it may bore you...well some of it may...anyway my friend, Michele, has posted songs that have meaning to her and I have always really liked it, so I am copycatting her(hope you don't mind, Michele) because this song has been in my head constantly lately...mostly because God is teaching me right now that I need to wait on Him and I am trying hard to learn it, but not doing so well...maybe that is why it won't leave my head!! This song is by Lincoln Brewster and I love that his son quotes the verse at the end. There is nothing as thrilling as hearing a small child's voice recite Scripture!!!



Everlasting God
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles


The other part of this post is a warning about a movie that is soon to be released, The Golden Compass. This movie is portrayed as a family or good youth movie, however, a quote from the author of the book it is based on is as follows:"I guess technically you would have to put me down as an agnostic, but if there is a God and He is as the Christians describe Him, He deserves to be put down and rebelled against." That to me is enough to stand STRONGLY against this movie. It is unacceptable to speak against our everlasting God in that manner!!!

1 comment:

Ben & Michele said...

Of course I wouldn't mind Cynetta! What a great song and a wonderful reminder for us all. Patience is definitely not my strength so I understand your struggle. It is a daily struggle for me as well.

I am so glad you posted about the Golden Compass. I was just recently reading about it and received an email about the author being an Agnostic. We as Christains need to stand strong against these type of movies. So scary isn't it.